- 2 lbs grated carrots
- 5 oz fresh ginger root
- 2 lbs sugar (white or brown, your choice)
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar (at least)
- ½ tsp powdered ginger (optional for more heat)
- 4 oz slivered almonds (at least)
- Peel and grate ginger root.
- Combine carrots, ginger root and sugar in sauce pan.
- Heat slowly until runny.
- Increase heat to medium-high remembering to stir.
- When mixture starts becoming very thick and foamy, stir constantly or mixture will burn.
- Somewhere between a hard ball and crack, stir in almonds and then quickly pour onto a damp chopping board or marble top.
- Spread approximately 11 x 11 inches.
- Cool 10 minutes and then cut into 1 -> 1 ½ inch squares separate each piece and roll in powdered sugar.
- For added zip, use a mixture of ½ tsp powdered ginger to 4 tbsp of powdered sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.