Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 12 eggs
- juice and grated rind of 1 orange
- 1½ cup sugar
- ½ lbs chocolate
- 2 tbsp cold water
- ¾ cup matzoh meal
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy (about 7 minutes).
- Add cold water, orange juice, orange rind, chocolate and cake flour.
- Gently fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a 10-inch tube pan with removable insert.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until cake springs back when gently pressed.
- Cool completely, inverted on cake rack, before removing from pan.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.