- Beat yolks and sugar together until light, add grated rind and cake meal which has been sifted 4 times.
- Add salt to egg whites, beat until stiff and fold into dough.
- Line a jelly roll pan with wax paper, grease heavily, spread dough on evenly, and bake at 350°F for 12 minutes.
- When done, lift out paper with cake an place on a damp cloth for a few minutes, then invert on waxed paper sprinkeled with sugar.
- Remove paper from cake, spread with jelly beaten smooth (or boiled frosting), and roll up.
- Wrap in waxed paper, then in the damp cloth for about 15 minutes so that the roll will hold its shape.
- Remove wrapping and dust with powdered sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.