makes enough carbonara sauce for 2 small portions or 1 large portion of Pasta
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup of heavy cream (optional)
- ¾ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- as much Bacon or pancetta as you wish to have
- chopped parsley (optional)
- additional grated parmesan
- salt and black pepper
- Dice your Bacon and cook according to desired crispness.
- Drain on paper towel. Reserve the bacon grease.
- Mix 2 egg yolks with 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook your noodles and strain, reserving some of the starchy water.
- Put the noodles back in your saucepan and add a teaspoon or two of the bacon grease to coat the noodles (this prevents the cream sauce from soaking right into the noodles).
- Add your egg mixture to the noodles and combine well. I
- If the sauce is too thick add a bit of your reserved starchy water. This is all dependent on how you like it.
- Mix in your Bacon bits right into the sauce and noodles or pile them on top as I did.
- Serve it up in a bowl or two and sprinkle with additional parmesan, chopped parsley and freshly ground pepper to taste.
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.