Spaghetti Sauce (Meatless) by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 11 oz uncooked macaroni (1⅓ cups raw)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup green peppers, chopped
- ⅔ cup onion, chopped
- ⅔ cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups undrained vegetarian beans (or ½ cup dry Great Northern beans, soaked and cooked)
- Cook pasta; drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add chopped green pepper, chopped onion, and chopped celery.
- Stir-fry until soft and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce, water, and garlic powder.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add beans and drained pasta.
- Mix and serve.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese for extra Italian flavor.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.