Pasta Italiano from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health, public domain government resource
- Serves: 6
- ½ pound lean ground turkey
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 can (14½ oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14½ oz.) chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florettes
- 1 cup cauliflower florettes
- Crumble ground turkey into skillet.
- Brown over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pepper strips and paprika, cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, broth, and pasta to the skillet.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, over, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid (be careful, the skillet and steam are hot!) and arrange broccoli and cauliflower over the pasta.
- Replace lid and cook for 10 more minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.