Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: My All Recipes
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- ¾ cup bow tie (farfalle) pasta
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic; cook and stir until softened.
- Mix in the eggplant.
- Let the eggplant cook for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Then stir and cook until tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Mix in the spinach and season with salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the drained pasta and lemon juice along with ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with remaining cheese and cracked black pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 304 | Total Fat: 22.5g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 498mg | Total Carbs: 17g | Dietary Fiber: 4.4g | Protein: 11.1g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.