Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Author: Sandra Woodruff, Christopher Saudek
- Yield: 6 servings
- 12 ounces turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1½ cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli or spinach, thawed
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2½ cups cooked thin spaghetti (about 5 ounces dry)
- 1¼ cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 2 cups fat-free egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and cook for several minutes, stirring to crumble until the sausage is no longer pink.
- Add the mushrooms, broccoli or spinach, and garlic.
- Cover and cook for a few minutes more, until the vegetables are tender.
- Drain off any excess liquid.
- Place the sausage and vegetables in a large bowl and toss in the spaghetti.
- Next toss in the mozzarella and egg substitute.
- Respray the skillet with cooking spray and spread the pasta mixture evenly in the dish.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top and spray the top lightly with the cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, until the center of the pie is set but still moist.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (⅙ of recipe):
- Calories: 305 | Protein: 30 g | Sodium: 745 mg | Cholesterol: 62 mg | Fat: 10 g | Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Exchanges: 1¼ starch | 1 vegetable | 3½ lean meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.