Puttanesca is derived from the Italian word for a lady of the night. This dish is spicy, fast, and easy. Easy to figure out where we got the name.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Rachel Ray
- Serves up to 4
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- a shake or two of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 anchovies (optional)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 2 tbsp capers (a palmful)
- 1 palmful pitted oil cured black olives
- 1 palmful chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 pound linguine, cooked until al dente
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.