- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups cut asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots ( ½-inch pieces)
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cups dried medium pasta shells (5 oz.)
- ¾ cup "Super" green dressing (Vegetarian Times, August 2000, page 49) (or other salad dressing)
- 1 large tomato, quartered, seeded and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Fill large bowl with ice water.
- Add broccoli, asparagus, carrots and onion to boiling water and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, plunge vegetables into ice water, drain well and set aside.
- Keep water at a boil.
- Add pasta to boiling water; stir to prevent sticking.
- Cook until just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain well.
- In large serving bowl, combine cooked vegetables and pasta.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Add tomato strips and toss again.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.