- Makes 2 servings
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 4 sun dried tomatoes (not oil packed) coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 large ripe tomatoes seeded and coarsely chopped (or 1½ cups chopped canned plum tomatoes)
- ½ lbs fresh pasta of choice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat sherry to bubbling in a heavy skillet over med.
- High heat.
- Add garlic and shallots and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, jalapenos, and regular tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta while simmering sauce.
- Drain and rinse.
- Add pasta to sauce in skillet, sprinkle with basil and parsley.
- Toss and serve immediately.
- The original recipe called for 1 tsp of olive oil for sautéing.
Nutritional information Edit
per serving (with the oil):
- 282 calories | 8g Protein | 2g Fat | 0 cholesterol
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.