Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 10 oz whole grain pasta (any shape)
- 2 x 10-oz pkg. fresh baby spinach, rinsed
- 2 x 12.3-oz containers firm silken tofu
- 1 x 12-oz jar roasted red peppers with garlic
- 2 heaping tbsp small capers, drained
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, put spinach in large, deep skillet or saucepan (cook in batches if necessary) with 2 tbsp water.
- Stir greens over medium-high heat until wilted.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or until tender.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Combine tofu, peppers and ¾ tsp salt in food processor or blender; process until smooth and creamy.
- Drain spinach, gently pressing out any excess liquid.
- Combine tofu mixture and spinach in pan, stirring to blend.
- Cook over low heat, stirring often to heat through; do not let boil.
- Drain pasta, and place on serving plates.
- Top with spinach mixture, and sprinkle with capers.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.