Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into crescents
- 1 leek (white part only) thinly sliced, rings separated
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Chinese eggplant, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken, cooked and cut into cubes
- ½ cup salt-reduced, fat free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp chopped, fresh basil leaves
- 1 ripe large genuine California avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 16 slices
- garnish: fresh basil leaves
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In large roasting pan (bottom of broiler pan works well) sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, combine all vegetables.
- In small bowl, blend 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Roast in pre-heated 375°F oven for 45 minutes, stirring twice.
- Remove vegetables from oven and pour on remaining 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- In large bowl, toss together cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, chicken, chicken broth, and basil.
- Portion into 8 low-sided pasta bowls.
- Place two slices avocado and a fresh basil leaf on top of pasta.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.