- 2 bunch Broccoli rabe (1 lb each) ends tripped off and cut across into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lbs penne or whole wheat pasta
- 4 tsp veggie stock
- 6 tbsp Raisins
- 8 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 4 tbsp water
- ½ tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 each freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil.
- Add the broccoli and blanch for 1 minute.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Bring another large pot of slated water to the boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the veggie stock in a large nonstick skillet over med.
- Add the raisins and cooks, tossing frequently, until lightly "toasted".
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli, the water and the red pepper and cook until tender (about 5 minutes) drain the pasta and add the broccoli, the remaining veggie stock, the lemon juice, salt and peeper to taste.
- Toss combine.
- Divide about 4 plates and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.