Portuguese cod cakes
- This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 lb of salt cod
- 4 large potatoes peeled and cut in quarters
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup of parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Soak cod overnight.
- The next day pour off old water and add new enough to cover the fish.
- Bring to a boil. This reduces the amount of salt in the fish.
- Taste a small sample of the fish, if it is still too salty change the water and boil again.
- Meanwhile cook the potatoes until tender.
- Mash the cod and the potatoes together.
- Add the eggs, parsley, onion, and pepper mix this well.
- Shape into balls and flatten out to the shape of a patty.
- Fry them in oil until golden brown all over.
- Drain on paper towels.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.