- 4 cups of mashed potatoes (add butter and salt to taste)
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 2 or 4 tablespoons of grated cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 minced clove of fresh garlic (may replace with powder)
- ½ cup of oil
- 2 cups ground beef
- spices to taste
- Heat the oil.
- Fry onions and garlic.
- Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce when onions turn light brown.
- When tomatoes are cooked, stir in ground beef.
- Continue stirring to blend well all ingredients.
- Add the cheese and parsley.
- Cook until beef is brown.
- Remove fire and then season.
- Oil a baking dish and then spread potatoes on bottom.
- Spread the ground beef above the potatoes.
- Cover the ground beef with the remaining mashed potatoes.
- Bake in oven till the top is lightly browned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.