Meat and macaroni pie
- 500 gr thick macaroni
- 1 kg minced meat
- 3 eggs
- 180 gr grated kefalo or parmesan cheese
- 100 gr oil
- 1 medium sized onion
- 500 gr ripe tomatoes
- 1 portion béchamel sauce
- Partially cook the macaroni in salted water and drain well.
- Put in a baking dish and pour half of the butter over the macaroni.
- Beat the egg whites and mix in the macaroni.
- Keep the yolks.
- They will be used to make the béchamel sauce.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- With the remaining butter brown the minced meat and the onion.
- Add the strained tomatoes or the tomato paste, salt, pepper and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining grated cheese. Stir all well.
- Prepare the béchamel sauce.
- Butter a baking dish.
- Lay half of the macaroni in the pan.
- Spread evenly with the meat mixture.
- Lay the rest of the macaroni on top.
- Pour the béchamel sauce over them and sprinkle with grated cheese and some melted butter.
- Bake in a moderate oven.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.