- ½ cup pastry flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Crisco
- ½ cup butter
- cold water
- 1 slightly beaten egg white for glaze
- pine nuts for garnish
- First sift pastry flour, whole wheat flour, and salt into basin.
- Add Crisco, and butter, cut them into flours with knife until finely divided.
- Then rub in fine with finger tips and make into stiff paste with cold water.
- Roll out ¼ inch in thickness, cut in finger shape pieces, lay on Criscoed tins and bake from 7 to 10 minutes in hot oven.
- Cool, brush over with slightly beaten egg white, and sprinkle with salted pine nuts.
- Return to oven to brown nut meats.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.