This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Puckett Estate in Irving, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 small white onion
- ½ bunch green onions chopped
- 1 cucumber cut in quarter rounds
- 2 banana peppers chopped finely
- ½ bunch parsley chopped
- ¼ cup dill chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh mint chopped
- ½ teaspoon red crushed pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sumack
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- juice of one and a half lemons
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel, dice and boil potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Cut onion in half lengthwise and then chop it into very thin half moons.
- Put chopped onion in a bowl and knead with 1 teaspoon salt until soft.
- Rinse salt off the onion and mix all the ingredients in a big bowl.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.