Here is an easy salad recipe you can prepare for your family or take to your next family get-together.
- Contributed by Paula in California at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 head lettuce
- 4 oz cheese, grated
- 8 oz Thousand Island dressing
- Taco sauce to taste
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 large avocado, opt.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can kidney beans
- ¼ tsp salt
- Chop onion, tomatoes, and lettuce.
- Toss with cheese, dressing and taco sauce.
- Crunch and add chips.
- Brown meat, add kidney beans, salt and simmer 10 minutes and mix into cold salad.
- Serve immediately (or prepare ahead of time and add cheese and chips right before serving).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.