- 4 potato medium size
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower flowerets
- ½ cup green peas
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 tomato finely chopped
- 2 green chili chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp pavbhaji masala
- 1½ tsp red chili powder (according to taste)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- salt according to taste
- 1 cup water - for boiling vegetables
- 8 – 10 pavs (soft buns)
- 2 tbsp green coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 onion small size finely chopped (for serving)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- green chutney / tomato sauce
- Cut potato into small pieces.
- Wash the vegetables thoroughly with water.
- Pressure cook all the vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, potato, peas) till well done.
- Mash them coarsely. (If you are using frozen peas, then no need to pressure cook the peas)
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a frying pan or kadhai.
- Add green chile.
- Add chopped onions and fry until they become light golden brown in color.
- Then add chopped tomato and cook till it becomes tender.
- Add pavbhaji masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, and cook again for 4 – 5 minutes.
- (incase you are using the frozen peas then add now) add the boiled vegetables, lemon juice and mix well.
- Simmer till it becomes thick, keep on stirring and mashing pieces in between.
- Slit the pavs horizontally.
- Apply little butter on tava and roast the pavs till hot and soft.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.