- 1 unbaked pie crust
- juice and rind of 2 lemons
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium pawpaw [skin and seeds removed]
- sugar to taste
- ½ cup milk
- Slice the pawpaw (papaya) and marinate in lemon juice for at least 1 hour.
- Drain well and place the slices onto the pie shell.
- Beat the egg with milk and sugar.
- Add grated lemon peel.
- Pour over fruit and bake in a hot oven for about 35 minutes.
- Alternatively, mash the pawpaw, mix with other ingredients, including 1 teaspoon cornflour.
- Bake as above, and serve with whipped cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.