Pazoon Kyaw (Fried prawns in sesame oil) is best served and eaten with salad.
- 1 kg fresh raw king prawns
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- bamboo skewers
- Peel the prawns but do not remove the tails.
- Cut along the back of each prawn to remove spinal cord.
- Next, mix the prawns, salt, chili powder, turmeric and chicken stock.
- Bend each prawn to a letter c and insert the bamboo skewer through top to tail.
- Put 3-4 prawns on one bamboo skewer.
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan and cook the skewered prawns until they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.