Bean sprouts fried in batter is a simple and easy to prepare Burmese vegetarian main dish. It can also be served as an appetizer (by frying small balls) or snack.
- 250 g fresh bean sprouts
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- fresh ginger, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon water
- ½ cup oil for deep frying
- Wash bean sprouts thoroughly and drain well.
- Remove the roots.
- To make the batter, add all the other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Add in bean sprouts.
- In a frying pan, heat oil.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture and drop in the hot oil.
- Cook until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.