- 4 tbsp unsalted butter + ½ stick softened butter
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed
- ½ cup thinly sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar, and reduce heat to low.
- Let sugar and butter cook for about 10 minutes, or until slightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining butter and sugar in mixing bowl, and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add extracts and lemon zest.
- Beat in salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour, and stir in buttermilk.
- Remove skillet from heat, and place peach slices, blueberries and almonds on caramelized sugar mixture.
- Pour batter over top, and place in oven.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until top is puffy and golden.
- Remove from oven, invert, or slice in skillet and eat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.