Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 2 cups plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups + 6 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place peaches and 6 tbsp sugar in blender and process until pureed.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the remaining sugar and shortening until mixed well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients with peach puree until mixed well.
- Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into two greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 325°F for 55–65 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Turn out and cool completely.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.