Makes 8 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 29-ounce can sliced peaches
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream, whipped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup broken pieces of Peanut brittle
- Combine rice, milk, Sugar, lemon peel and butter in medium saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and creamy, about 20 minutes.
- Mix some of the rice mixture into the beaten eggs; stir all into the hot mixture and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add vanilla. Pour into large serving dish or individual serving dishes. Chill until ready to serve.
- Drain peaches, reserving 10 of the slices for garnish. Save the syrup for use another time.
- Then combine remaining peach slices with whipped cream, salt and lemon juice.
- Spoon onto rice pudding. Garnish with reserved peach slices and pieces of Peanut brittle.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.