Makes 12 servings, about 24 four-inch pancakes.
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon amaretto or other almond flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Vegetable cooking spray
- peach Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted, for garnish (optional)
- frozen peach slices, thawed and cut into chunks, for garnish (optional)
- peach Sauce:
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons amaretto or other almond flavored liqueur (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine milk, margarine, amaretto, (optional), vanilla, flour, Sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in rice.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Heat griddle or skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Pour 3 tablespoons batter for each pancake onto heated griddle or skillet.
- Cook until top is bubbly and underside is lightly browned (about 1 minute).
- Turn pancakes and lightly brown other side.
- Serve warm with peach Sauce and garnish with toasted almonds and peach chunks, if desired.
- peach Sauce: puree peaches in blender; transfer to 2-quart saucepan.
- Add Sugar, amaretto, (optional) and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until Sugar is melted and mixture thickens slightly, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Keep warm.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.