- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup cold whole milk
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch baking soda
- 2½ cups firm, peeled peach slices
- 3 cups peanut oil for frying
- 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- Beat together eggs, milk, brown sugar, flour and baking soda in large mixing bowl. Add peach slices, a few at a time, and coat well with batter.
- In large stockpot or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°F.
- Using long slotted spoon, remove peach slices from batter, and place in oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned. Remove, using long slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat process until all peach slices are fried and light brown.
- To serve, sprinkle fritters with confectioners' sugar, and serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.