This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Weir Estate in Canton, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup peach preserves
- Blend eggs and sugar.
- Mix flour, salt, soda and spices together then add to egg mixture.
- Add milk, oil and preserves then pour into rectangular pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove from oven and put lid on pan.
- Let steam good for 5 minutes then remove lid.
- Drain moisture off and put lid back on.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.