Description[edit | edit source]
This crispy, divine dessert is made with real fruit, rice, cinnamon, and walnuts and keeps a juicy aroma with the peaches and blueberries. Serve up a succulent treat with other desserts or fruits so fruit lovers normally know it as a peachy treat for dessert.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 x 16-ounce can sliced peaches in juice, drained and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- vegetable cooking spray
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon margarine
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Combine rice, peaches, blueberries, and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Coat 6 individual custard cups or 1½-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place rice mixture in cups or the baking dish; set aside.
- Combine flour, walnuts, cinnamon, and remaining ¼ cup sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over rice mixture.
- Bake at 375° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve warm and plain.