This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Forrest Estate in Denton, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups sifted [flour]]
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 can peach slices
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Transfer to lightly greased baking pan and press crumbs firmly against bottom and sides.
- Arrange well drained peach slices evenly over bottom.
- Stir ½ cup sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks then blend in sour cream.
- Spoon over the partially baked kuchen and continue baking 20 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.