This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 16 ounce can sliced peaches
- 2 pound ham slice
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- hot cooked rice
- Drain peaches reserving ½ cup syrup then set aside.
- In a large skillet brown ham slice on both sides in butter over medium heat then remove to platter and keep warm.
- Reserve drippings in skillet.
- In a small bowl mix sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg then add orange juice, lemon juice and reserved peach syrup and stir until smooth.
- Add to drippings in skillet.
- Cook until thick stirring constantly.
- Stir in peaches and heat through.
- Add ham slice and heat for 3 minutes then cut into serving size pieces and serve over rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.