This stone-cold, grand parfait is made and packed with real rice, milk, whipped cream, and honey and topped with peanut brittle and macaroon crumbs, as it is great on other active occasions. Serve up an icy, sweet treat with other desserts.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked rice, white only
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cup whipping cream
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¾ cup finely crushed peanut brittle
- 1 cup coconut macaroon crumbs or (1 ¾ cup fresh or dried coconut strips)
- Heat milk on top of the double boiler.
- Add rice and salt; cover.
- Place over boiling water and cook about 30 minutes, or until milk is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Chill thoroughly.
- Combine cream and honey; beat until stiff. Reserve a little whipped cream for the top of each serving.
- Fold the remainder into the chilled rice mixture.
- Combine peanut brittle with macaroon crumbs.
- Fill parfait glasses alternately with the rice mixture and macaroon crumbs or coconut strips. Top with whipped cream. Serve cold and plain or with other desserts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.