- Cook Time: 10 minutes work + 15–20 minutes of baking + 30 minutes to cool
- Serves: 16
- oil or butter for the pan (if it's not non-stick)
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt (if using unsalted peanut butter)
- 1¼ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup minced peanuts
- Preset the oven to 350°F.
- While oven is preheating, lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan (unless you're using a nonstick pan).
- In medium-large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer on high speed to cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Lower the speed to medium, and add the eggs in one at a time, as well as the vanilla, beating well between each ingredient.
- Then, stir in the remaining ingredients, mixing by hand until everything is uniformly blended.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan, and bake on the center oven rack for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top feels firm and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cut while still hot, but let brownies cool in pan for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Can be served warm, cold or at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.