Description EditThis crispy dessert is made with brown sugar, peanut butter, and rice cereal to help maintain its sweet consistency, as it delivers a tough aroma that relishes.
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 1 ¼ cup peanut butter, reserve 1 cup for garnishing if desired
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal or (4 cups puffed rice)
- chocolate candies for garnish, optional
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter.
- Add cereal; stir until well coated.
- Press mixture evenly and firmly into buttered 13x9x2-inch pan using buttered spatula or wax paper.
- Cut into 24 squares when cool.
- Attach chocolate candies with peanut butter, if desired. Serve cold and plain.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.