This is absolutely delicious, peanut butter cups and chocolate cake what could be more yummy? Its chocolate cake with chocolate icing, chopped peanut butter cups and peanut butter and buttermilk. We all liked it.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 16 servings.
- 1 box devils food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped peanut butter cups
- 8 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 2 round cake pans with cooking spray.
- Line with wax paper, coat paper.
- In a bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, buttermilk and oil 30 seconds.
- Increase speed, beat 2 minutes.
- Fold in 2 cups peanut butter cups.
- Divide batter between pans.
- Bake 34 minutes or until done.
- Let cool 15 minutes.
- Turn out cakes.
- Place dark chocolate in a bowl.
- Bring cream to a boil and pour over chocolate.
- Whisk until chocolate melts.
- Add peanut butter and whisk until smooth.
- Put 1 cake layer on cooling rack and place on a baking sheet.
- Pour 1 cup frosting on top, spread.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- Pour remaining frosting over the top, allowing it to spill over the sides.
- Smooth top and sides.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to set.
- Transfer cake to serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped peanut butter cups.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.