- 1 cup spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (oatmeal), ground
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup coconut, shredded, unsweetened
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ cup carob powder (dark or medium roasted)
- ¾ cup peanut butter, smooth, natural
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the spelt, or whole wheat flour, and the ground rolled oats (oatmeal) in a bowl and mix together (the rolled oats can be ground in a blender on high speed. Be sure that the container is dry before grinding).
- Add the coconut and 1 cup of the raisins and mix well to ensure that the raisins are not sticking together, and that they are thoroughly coated with the flour mixture.
- Place the water, 1 cup of the raisins, carob, vanilla, and the peanut butter in the container of a high speed blender.
- Cover and run at high speed until all the ingredients are thoroughly blended and smooth.
- Add about ¾ of the peanut butter and carob mixture to the flour mixture and mix thoroughly with a stiff spatula or spoon.
- Gradually add a little more of the fudge mixture until desired consistency is reached.
- If the cookie dough is too stiff, you may add more of the fudge mixture or water, if there is no fudge mixture remaining.
- A thinner dough will make a flatter cookie.
- A stiff dough will make irregular thick cookies like the ones shown in the photo (to test for dough stiffness, we stick a soup spoon upright into the dough. If the dough is stiff enough, the spoon will remain upright) on a non-stick or lightly oiled baking sheet, place the cookie dough in twelve equal sized "mounds" smooth and shape each cookie with a spoon or spatula, as desired.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Various ovens bake differently, so we suggest that you begin checking the cookies after 20 minutes of baking.
- The cookies should be firm, but not hard.
- Be careful not to over-bake.
- When the peanut butter fudge cookies are baked, remove from the oven, cool, and enjoy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.