Senegal is the peanut capital of the world. It is therefore fitting to serve peanuts in some form at your Senegalese dinner.
- 1 cup peanut butter, regular or sugar-free/reduced fat only
- 2 14 oz. cans of evaporated milk
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- ½ cup fresh milk
- 1 cup crushed peanuts, optional
- In a 2-quart saucepan, immerse the can of condensed milk in boiling water to cover and continue boiling for 20 minutes.
- Chill the can thoroughly for several hours.
- Whip the chilled condensed milk in a cold bowl with a cold egg beater.
- Add 4 tablespoons lemon juice and ½ cup sugar.
- In a 3-quart bowl, combine 1 cup peanut butter and 1 cup crushed peanuts (optional) with second can of condensed milk and fresh milk.
- Fold the whipped mixture carefully into the peanut butter mixture, until smooth.
- Pour into freezer trays or into a 6-cup mold and freeze.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.