Peanut & Pecan Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 60 minutes total
- Serves: 6
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups milk, heated very hot
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, unbaked
- 4 eggs
- whipped topping (optional)
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- In small mixing bowl at medium speed, beat eggs until well beaten.
- Add peanut butter and continue beating.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- At low speed, gradually beat in milk until smooth. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake on bottom rack of preheated 400°F. oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean – approximately 35 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate. Garnish with whipped topping and peanut halves, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.