- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons milk
- ½ cup finely chopped peanuts
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- First, cream the butter, add Sugar, and egg well beaten.
- Mix and sift baking powder, salt, and flour
- Add to first mixture
- Then add milk, peanuts, and lemon juice.
- Drop from a teaspoon on a buttered sheet one inch apart, and place one-half Peanut on top of each.
- Bake twelve to fifteen minutes in a slow oven.
This recipe will make twenty-four cookies. One pint peanuts when shelled should yield one-half cup.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.