- whites of 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoonful of flour
- ¼ teaspoonful of cream of tartar
- 1 pint of peanuts (chopped to a powder)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- First beat the whites of the eggs until foamy; add the cream of tartar and beat until dry, then gradually beat in half of the sugar and continue bearing until the whole is very light; then cut and fold in the other half of the sugar, the flour and the crushed nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a tin, lined with a buttered paper, making smooth rounds.
- Sift granulated sugar on the top of each and bake on the floor of a quick oven from five to seven minutes.
- Nut meats from English walnuts or other nuts may take the place of the peanuts.
- A cherry or bit of firm fruit jelly pressed into the center of the top of each round is an improvement.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.