Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Each log makes about 45 crackers
- 1½ cups pecan halves
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ pound Saga blue cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- In a preheated 350°F oven toast ½ cup pecans, about 7 minutes, and cool.
- Finely chop toasted pecans and separate egg.
- In a bowl with a fork cream butter and Saga blue until smooth.
- Add egg yolk, stirring until combined well.
- Add flour and chopped pecans and stir until mixture just forms a dough.
- Halve dough and on separate sheets of wax paper form each half into a 12- by 1¼-inch log, using wax paper as a guide.
- Freeze logs, wrapped in wax paper, just until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Cut logs crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices and arrange slices about ½ inch apart on baking sheets.
- Top each cracker with a remaining pecan half, pressing slightly into dough.
- Brush tops of crackers, including pecans, with lightly beaten egg white.
- Bake crackers in batches, if necessary, in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden brown, about 12 minutes total.
- With a spatula transfer crackers to paper towels to blot and transfer to a rack to cool.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.