- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of sugar cooked to the caramel degree
- 1 cup of cream
- 3 cups of pecan nut meats
- First stir the sugar and cream over the fire until the sugar is melted, then let boil to the soft ball degree or to 235°F.
- Have ready the cup of sugar, cooked to the caramel degree, and pour the first mixture onto the caramel; let boil up once, then remove from the fire and beat until it begins to thicken.
- Add the nuts and drop by spoonfuls onto marble or waxed paper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.