Makes 12 servings
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 cups cooked white or brown rice (cooked in turkey or chicken broth)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground or rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Melt butter in large pan.
- Add onion, celery and parsley; cook over low heat until tender, stirring constantly.
- Add rice, pecans, thyme, sage, salt, pepper, cloves and nutmeg.
- Toss lightly.
- Use to stuff a 12- to 15-pound turkey.
- Note: stuffing may be baked separately in covered baking dish at 325°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.