- 6 oz penne pasta , uncooked vegetable cooking spray
- 4 oz Canadian bacon, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped sweet red pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14½ oz) can whole peeled tomatoes (no-salt)
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup evaporated skimmed milk
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting fat or salt, then drain and set aside.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the Canadian bacon and the next three ingredients, and saute until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato and the next four ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Add pasta, stirring well.
- Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with a basil sprig if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.