Penne rigate with roasted red pepper sauce by Chef Antonio Cecconi. Spicy and creamy, this sauce is made up of ingredients that have all the colors of the Italian flag.
- 16 ounces Dreamfields™ penne rigate (one box)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (8-ounces) jar roasted pepper strips, drained
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and sauté onion, garlic and pepper flakes in olive oil for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in mushrooms, basil and parsley.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add roasted pepper strips.
- Stir in alfredo sauce and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Toss pasta in a bowl with sauce ingredients and top with fresh parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 245 | protein: 10g | carbohydrates: 7g | fat: 17g | saturated fat: 9g | cholesterol: 43mg | sodium: 1010mg | dietary fiber: 2g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.