- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups green bell peppers — chopped
- 2 cups celery — chopped
- 4 cups onions — chopped
- 1¼ lbs andouille smoked sausage
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Tabasco™ hot sauce
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1¼ cups bread crumbs
- ½ cup peppadew sweet piquante peppers
- Melt olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add green bell peppers, celery, and onions, and cook until light brown (10 minutes).
- Add andouille smoked sausage and cook until meat is browned, stirring often (5 minutes).
- Stir in butter, garlic, and Tabasco™ hot sauce.
- Reduce heat and add chicken stock, bringing it to a simmer (10 minutes).
- Stir in bread crumbs and remove from heat.
- Stir in peppadew™ sweet piquante peppers.
- Stuff loosely in turkey cavity.
- Remember to add to overall cooking time when you stuff a turkey.
- Option: instead of using this recipe as a stuffing, put the mixture into an ungreased 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 425°F for 45 minutes, until top is browned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.