A Catfish recipe.
- 2 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 1 ½ teaspoons cracked black pepper
- ¼ ounce pancetta, diced and blanched (or regular bacon)
- ¼ cup shiitake mushrooms
- ¼ cup oyster mushrooms
- ¼ cup chanterelle mushrooms
- ¼ ounce pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons shallots
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic purée
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon each: fresh parsley, thyme, basil, chives
- olive oil for searing
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut each catfish fillet into 2 portions.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- In a medium sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, place the catfish pepper side down.
- Sear each side for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Remove and place on a metal oven-proof dish and place in the oven for 3 – 4 minutes or until no pink shows.
- In the reserved pan, sauté the mushrooms for about 2 – 3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 15 – 25 seconds.
- Add the pinenuts, pancetta, lemon juice, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Place the mushroom ragout (mixture) on a warm plate.
- Top with the catfish.
- Serve with grilled asparagus and sweet potato.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.