A bold and tangy alternative to the ranch-dressing, this white-hot, robust dip is made with real mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, fruit juice, and hot pepper sauce and is great for chips, meat, seafood, and vegetables. Italian seasoning sometimes works for this too, while all-purpose cream rarely replaces the mayonnaise.
- ½ cup mayonnaise or (1 cup all-purpose cream)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup grated Colby, Mozzarella, Cheddar, or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ tablespoon white pepper or cracked black pepper
- ⅛ tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning, optional
- Mix all ingredients especially including Italian seasoning but stir well.
- Use as dressing for cold pasta or a potato salad, or as a dip. Spoon or pour contents from the mayonnaise-based dressing into a glass jar but reserve this in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 2 cups or 5 tablespoons